Hello lovelies! How was your weekend?
Our weekend was pretty grand.
We went up to Salt Lake on Friday night
and after eating some delicious BBQ at Pat's
we walked outside with every intent of going to Temple Square
only to turn around and come back to Provo.
We decided that the freezing snow pelting us in the face
would not have made for a pleasant experience.
So we came back and chilled with our choice of drinks:
a lemon berry slush for me,
and a Dr. Pepper for the husband.
Saturday morning we woke up to snow and it seemed to me
like the perfect morning for some french toast
from Kneader's.
So I dragged husband out of bed
(I don't think he minded though, once he got a taste of a fresh croissant).
We spent the rest of the day being as lazy as can be
until we went to a Divine Comedy show
with Trevor and Juliet.
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time-
it was pretty funny.
Sunday morning was filled with coughing
and trying to console my poor lungs.
We followed that up with making a lasagna
that an Italian would be proud of and
having a cousin dinner party
with Trevor and Juliet.
We then had a riot of a time playing Rook with 7 people.
It was hilarious.
This week will be spent trying to be more domestic.
I've already made a Wisconsin Cauliflower soup
and I just pulled some banana bread out of the oven.
What is it about this time of year that gives
me the urge to bake to my heart's content?
Side note - I had a dream the other night that I went to Paris
and the first thing that I did when I got
off of the plane was go to Ladurée and get some macarons.
I think it's a sign.

No comments:
Post a Comment