Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stuck.

Mark and I are playing the lamest of all games right now.

The Waiting Game.

And it's so lame.

Mark has to get an internship for the summer so that he can "officially" graduate in August. He's been applying to places like a mad person, and so far he's only gotten an offer from one studio, here in Utah. And while it's good that it's an offer, it's definitely not his first choice (it's not Capitol Records). Speaking of Capitol Records, he keeps calling and calling to schedule and interview, and they keep telling him to call back later since they don't interview until April. Also lame.

So for now, we're stuck. We're waiting until we hear back from other places until we make a decision, but I hate the waiting game. And it makes it worse knowing that (due to a co-worker's unfortunate situation) I could have a full-time job at the MTC at the end of April, but I kind of need to figure things out ASAP so that I can hopefully get the job. But, since we're playing the waiting game, I can't really do anything. And I hate it. While I would love to have the opportunity to have a full-time job and start earning money as soon as I graduate, I also want Mark to get the best internship he can so that he can find an awesome job when he graduates. Lame, huh?

Hopefully things will figure themselves out soon. Really soon.

Until then, we're loving life as best we can. And we finally got some living room furniture (thanks Ikea!) and turned our living room into an actual cozy space instead of a lame college dorm room space. We love it.

Oh! And we decided what do with our tax return. Not go on a trip. Ha. We got the final bills back from my gall bladder surgery and it looks like we have to pay for some of that. And Mark still has to go to LA to interview at Capitol Records, so no frivolous spending for us. I think it's better that way.

And I just saw a commercial for a Honey Bunches of Oats Raisin Blend that has 3 different types of raisins. Make me vomit. I hate raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment