Friday, November 2, 2012

Holiday Time Is Upon Us!

Via Relatively Unique.

How lovely are these twig snowflakes? This picture gives me the desire to drive up the canyon tomorrow and hunt for some twigs so that I can fill my home with these adorable handmade snowflakes. Who wants to join me?

I know it's only the second day of November, but when I've got a bambino that could make an appearance at anytime right before, during, or right after Christmas, I decided to take some time away from my usual perusing of DIY nursery tutorials and spend some time getting my gift lists together. I want to be sufficiently prepared in order to avoid any last-minute gift wrapping stresses that could send me into labor! Ha!

So now I've got holidays on the brain. Gratefully our families have done the name exchanging early this year, so I'm already on the hunt for gifts, and making lists for Mark's approval. I've been searching the internets high and low for some awesome ideas to make gift giving extra special this year, and I wanted to share a couple of those ideas with you today!





1) For those of you who live in Utah, Bijou Market will be here in a couple of weeks! This is a seasonal event featuring tons and tons of vendors who come together and sell their pretty creations to people like me. They have the most adorable selection of gifts for everyone, and I'm always a sucker for their toys. This year I'll be on the lookout for a cuddly creature for our little bambino. And please let me know if you want to come oogle at adorable things with me! I'd love to go with you and support local handmade vendors!

2) Design Mom started posting gift guides today, and if you love her style as much as I do, you'll be sure to find a gift for anyone on your list.

3) The geniuses behind The Craft Pack (Alison from The Alison Show and Susan from Freshly Picked - and yes, I'm coveting every flavor of those moccasins that Susan makes) have launched a digital craft book that is making me drool. A Hip Handmade Holiday is perfect for making holiday crafts on a budget that are memorable and hip. And it's only $10, which is a downright steal for what you get.

Any other ideas that you've stumbled upon to make these holidays a little more awesome yet more economical than usual? I'd love to hear them!



1 comment:

  1. I'll go with you! :) To pick twigs AND to the vendor thing. Have you gone yet? too bad we have grandpa for the drawing, cause I don't think there's anything crafty he'd really love.

    ReplyDelete