You guys! I can't believe that I've been at this whole pregnancy thing for 30 weeks!
It's weird to think that everything will change in 10 short weeks, and to be honest,we are no where near ready. The only thing that's in our little bambino's
room is a rocker, and a crib that hasn't been put together.
Oh, and tiny clothes in the closet.
It seemed like an eternity ago that we waited and waited until I was 10 weeks along.
What a milestone that was, and it seemed to take us forever to get there!
It's so bizarre that those first 10 weeks could take so incredibly long to pass,
but somehow, I know that these last 10 are going to fly by.
Time is a funny, funny thing, isn't it?
I suppose it's time for an update of sorts, since I swear I updated this thing yesterday,
but no, it's actually been a month and a half.
At the beginning of September I received a call that my sweet sweet Grandma Mecham
passed away in her sleep.
She is such a sweet and classy woman, the kind of woman that I want to be like when I grow up.
Gratefully, both Mark and I had the opportunity to drive down to Arizona for the funeral.
It was a quick trip, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I was in Italy when my Grandpa Mecham passed away, so there was no way that I was going to miss her funeral.
The funeral was beautiful, and I learned so many things about her that
I can tell my own children about. The Spirit was very strong, and it was very apparent that
my Grandma Florence was reunited with her sweetheart again.
This is Grandma Florence. How classy are those glasses?
This was my Grandpa's pin from being a member of the Caterpillar Club.
Membership in the Club is for those who bail out aircrafts and survive.
My Grandpa was a POW in World War II and was shot down in Germany.
After he was rescued and recuperated, he returned to the States and married my Grandma.
This is my Grandma Florence's student pilot license.
I learned at the funeral that she took flying lessons before she married my Grandpa,
and apparently she flew solo a few times!
We were also lucky to spend time with family while we were in Arizona.
This is my niece Kacie, and oh my, she has the cutest baby chub I've ever seen.
We were also able to visit the grounds of the new Phoenix Temple.
It was just our luck that they had just placed the frame for the spire,
and what a sight it was! I am so excited for a temple to be built right down the
street from my parents. It will be such a blessing to everyone there!
When we got back to Utah we went to Salt Lake and searched for the address that was
on my Grandma's flight license. I guess she used to live here! On C Street!
I wonder if it has changed all that much since 1944.
And this is my go-to road trip snack. I was introduced to this stuff by a
mission companion, and I have to look for it at every gas station that I go to.
It's hard to find, so I rejoice when I do find it...it's that good!
The rest of September flew by with a blur, and October has brought us nothing but blessings.
We got a quick visit from my parents,
I finally set up my sewing machine (a Christmas gift from 15 years ago)
so I can make our bambino cute baby things,
Mark is having a great month at work,
we have a healthy baby, and I've had a healthy pregnancy,
we've heard great news about miracle babies from good friends,
and I'm getting things ironed out at work so I don't have to go back
to work after maternity leave (and I don't have to find a sitter for a month!).
All great things, and we are so so grateful.
One of these days I'm going to take a picture of my little bambino bump.
I guess after 30 weeks it's time.
Mark keeps commenting on how cute I am pregnant,
and how "we should do this more often." Ha!
I responded, "As long as you carry the next one."
These men have no idea.
He also went through a phase where if he wanted to feel the baby move
and he wasn't moving, he would start jabbing me in the stomach,
saying, "Wake up baby!"
and it was rather uncomfortable, so I started to do it back to him,
you know, so he would know how it feels.
He has since stopped.
My life is awesome.
What's miracle babies?
ReplyDelete