Monday, August 27, 2012

Odds and Ends (mainly food) and Weekends

Bruschette is one of my favorite go-to meals during the summer.
It's embarrassingly easy, and yet really delicious.

A while ago, my Italian friend Simona taught me that the secret to even yummier bruschette
is to squeeze the tomatoes over the bread so it soaks up that delicious
tomato juice before you cut up the tomatoes in chunks and put them on the bread.





After this, I usually sprinkle them with a little salt and I'm good to go.
Sometimes, if I have some, I'll cube up some fresh mozzarella and add that as well.
After that, my friends, dinner is done and it is so good! I promise!

Mark likes to put his bread under the broiler for a minute or two
to crisp up his bread before dressing it up.
I'm not a huge fan of crunchy crunchy bread so I do without the broiler.

Anyways, that's for whoever wanted my two cents on bruschette.

Our weekend over in the middle of no where (where we now live) was productive.
Mark was being productive making money,
and I was productive in unpacking the last of the boxes and storing them in hidden places 
in the condo. I really do hate to just throw those things away,
especially since I've become a professional mover in my adult life.

The only thing left to do is to hang up our pictures on the walls,
so I guess this means that people can come visit us.
As long as they ignore the gigantic eye sore in the middle of our child's room
that is our old washer and dryer.
 (Anyone wanna buy a finely functioning washer and dryer?)

After working hard allllll day long, 
we met up for some dinner, and decided to go see a movie.
Since we had 90 minutes to kill we walked around Target
to buy a shower curtain, so you know, all those visitors that are 
coming to stay with us can have a proper shower.
After we were done with Target we decided to just bag the whole 
"going out to the movies" thing and just Redbox one instead.
Being able to cozy up on the couch and let Mark massage my achy feet
was definitely the better decision.


Happy Monday to all, and I hope that happy things come your way this week!
For me, happiness will come to me in the form of:
Mark having normal work hours most of this week!
Making homemade bread!
Birthdays!
A three day weekend!
Hopefully selling that washer and dryer! (Anyone wanna buy 'em?)

No comments:

Post a Comment