Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Idol Worshippers

Apparently that's what us Jimmer Fredette fans are being called now, according to one BYU student. A BYU student wrote a letter to BYU's newspaper two days ago complaining about all the Jimmer-hype and likened us to the Idol Worshippers of old. Unfortunately for her, she decided to post about her letter on Facebook. Jimmer fans everywhere united to "Jimmer" her facebook, and hilarity ensued. I don't think I've laughed so hard in weeks as I read the comments that were posted. Some of my favorites include:

"Jimmer never said it would be easy, he just said it would be worth it."

"One time the BYU basketball team was walking on the beach and the[y] looked back and only saw one set of footprints."

"I got some Jimmer candles, and I have them burning in my apartment as I recite 32 hail Jimmers to start off every morning."

"Every time a bell rings, Jimmer hits another 3."

"Champions eat wheaties for breakfast. Jimmer Fredette eats champions for breakfast."

"Have you been baptized by Jimmersion yet?"

Read the letter that started it all here.


Read the facebook comment thread of awesomeness here. You won't regret it.

1 comment: