My blog called, and it feels neglected. I guess it's my fault, but we have been sooooo busy that I honestly forgot that I had this blog thingy to update. I guess I'll take this time to back track a little bit and let you all in on the chaos that has been our lives since Thanksgiving. The day before Thanksgiving to be exact...
It was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Mark's parents were in town and took us to Brick Oven to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. On the way home I started having stabbing pains in my stomach that lasted for about 2 hours. Not fun. Unfortunately these pains continued to come back whenever I ate during Thanksgiving weekend, and on the following Monday Mark took me to the doctor. She mentioned that it could be a gall bladder problem and ordered an ultrasound for the next day.
One painful ultrasound later, and I was being referred to a surgeon since they found possible stones in my gall bladder. Not good news to hear.
That Friday I met with a surgeon who said that it needed to come out. We scheduled the surgery for the following week and hoped that the recovery would be quick, because I would be having surgery on Friday the 10th (a reading day to prepare for finals), then finals would be the week after (the 13th-17th) and my little sister was getting married on the 18th. Talk about bad timing. But I wanted it out then, rather than waiting until January and being in lots of pain in the meantime.
The surgery went well, even though I was still in quite a bit of pain for the next week, and I still feel some pain at one of the incisions when I sit in weird positions. I luckily got through my finals for the most part, and did a lot better than I thought I would, with the exception of one class that I'll have to finish next semester.
So that's the story of the evil gall bladder. Thankfully he's out of my life, and not wreaking havoc on my body anymore. I even have a picture of him so that I can remember this time of my life forever. Sweet, huh?
We also made it down to Arizona for my sister's wedding. It was so sweet, and I'm so happy that she's happy and married. Unfortunately I can't get pictures from my camera until we get back to Utah, so this post will be pictureless, but my sister looked gorgeous.
Mark and I are still in Arizona until the 2nd of January. We both feel awfully spoiled since we get to hang out in shorts and t-shirts and don't have to worry about bundling up before going outside. It's the best feeling ever. We also got to see my new nephew Kendall, who was born on December 13th. Pictures will be coming soon because he is the most darling baby with tons of dark black hair...he has more hair than Mark, I think, and it's definitely softer than his too. Just don't tell him that or I will deny it.
We've been spending lots of time with my family, and it's been great having everyone together, since we haven't been together since our wedding back in May. We've been playing lots of games and seeing lots of movies. Christmas Eve was especially sweet, as we put on a family "talent show" of sorts. Songs were sung and stories were read, and I think most everyone had tears in their eyes by the end. I think it was by far my favorite Christmas Eve talent show to date. My mom also surprised each of us on Christmas morning with a box full of our grade school memories. We had all of our school pictures from each year of school, all of our report cards since kindergarten, and other projects that we did in school. It was so fun to show Mark all of my school memories, and I guess it took my mom months to sort through and organize all of those memories for each of us college kids. Thanks, mom!
Now we get to relax and enjoy our last week of freedom before school starts again and life gets super crazy. My mom bought a canner and started canning a lot, so she's going to teach me how to can and we're going to work on some sewing projects together, which I'm quite excited about. Pictures will most definitely come once we get back to the land of freezing snow, which, right now, I'm not so excited about. If we could just stay here and open up our own Bahama Bucks instead of going back up to school, then we'd both be really happy. Really happy.
But, I guess after the past week that we've had and all the time we've been spending with family, I guess I could say that we're really happy right now. Really happy.
It was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Mark's parents were in town and took us to Brick Oven to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. On the way home I started having stabbing pains in my stomach that lasted for about 2 hours. Not fun. Unfortunately these pains continued to come back whenever I ate during Thanksgiving weekend, and on the following Monday Mark took me to the doctor. She mentioned that it could be a gall bladder problem and ordered an ultrasound for the next day.
One painful ultrasound later, and I was being referred to a surgeon since they found possible stones in my gall bladder. Not good news to hear.
That Friday I met with a surgeon who said that it needed to come out. We scheduled the surgery for the following week and hoped that the recovery would be quick, because I would be having surgery on Friday the 10th (a reading day to prepare for finals), then finals would be the week after (the 13th-17th) and my little sister was getting married on the 18th. Talk about bad timing. But I wanted it out then, rather than waiting until January and being in lots of pain in the meantime.
The surgery went well, even though I was still in quite a bit of pain for the next week, and I still feel some pain at one of the incisions when I sit in weird positions. I luckily got through my finals for the most part, and did a lot better than I thought I would, with the exception of one class that I'll have to finish next semester.
So that's the story of the evil gall bladder. Thankfully he's out of my life, and not wreaking havoc on my body anymore. I even have a picture of him so that I can remember this time of my life forever. Sweet, huh?
We also made it down to Arizona for my sister's wedding. It was so sweet, and I'm so happy that she's happy and married. Unfortunately I can't get pictures from my camera until we get back to Utah, so this post will be pictureless, but my sister looked gorgeous.
Mark and I are still in Arizona until the 2nd of January. We both feel awfully spoiled since we get to hang out in shorts and t-shirts and don't have to worry about bundling up before going outside. It's the best feeling ever. We also got to see my new nephew Kendall, who was born on December 13th. Pictures will be coming soon because he is the most darling baby with tons of dark black hair...he has more hair than Mark, I think, and it's definitely softer than his too. Just don't tell him that or I will deny it.
We've been spending lots of time with my family, and it's been great having everyone together, since we haven't been together since our wedding back in May. We've been playing lots of games and seeing lots of movies. Christmas Eve was especially sweet, as we put on a family "talent show" of sorts. Songs were sung and stories were read, and I think most everyone had tears in their eyes by the end. I think it was by far my favorite Christmas Eve talent show to date. My mom also surprised each of us on Christmas morning with a box full of our grade school memories. We had all of our school pictures from each year of school, all of our report cards since kindergarten, and other projects that we did in school. It was so fun to show Mark all of my school memories, and I guess it took my mom months to sort through and organize all of those memories for each of us college kids. Thanks, mom!
Now we get to relax and enjoy our last week of freedom before school starts again and life gets super crazy. My mom bought a canner and started canning a lot, so she's going to teach me how to can and we're going to work on some sewing projects together, which I'm quite excited about. Pictures will most definitely come once we get back to the land of freezing snow, which, right now, I'm not so excited about. If we could just stay here and open up our own Bahama Bucks instead of going back up to school, then we'd both be really happy. Really happy.
But, I guess after the past week that we've had and all the time we've been spending with family, I guess I could say that we're really happy right now. Really happy.
I want a Bahama Bucks too! We'll do it together! I didn't know you were in town for so long! You should come see my house, or we should at least meet up!
ReplyDelete