Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'll be happier when...

I've always been taught not to put conditions upon my happiness. Before I was married I always heard the age-old example "Never say to yourself: 'I'll be happy once I get married' or 'I'll be happy once (insert whatever dream or wish you want to come true here).' You can choose to be happy now." I'm only giving this as an example though...I wasn't one to walk around advertising my un-happiness because I wasn't married, and I felt that I could choose to be happy whatever my circumstances were.

However...today is one of those days when I really believe that I will be truly and completely happier in 1 week when I turn in a 12 page English research paper and an 8 page Italian research paper. And then the happiness will continue to come 2 weeks after than when I turn in yet another 8 page research paper.

Until then, my homework will keep beating me senseless and I will keep wondering why I didn't drop out of BYU 8 semesters ago and go to culinary school. Or move to Italy. Or both.

I didn't mean for that to be a rant on how unhappy I am right now...I'm just hating on school these days. In fact, I am so completely happy right now, I could burst. Life is so good, and I have an endless amount of things to be grateful for right now, the first being my awesome husband. I am so grateful that he believes in me and tells me that I can do anything if I set my mind to it (in fact, if it wasn't for him kicking me out of bed every morning and telling me to go to class, I probably wouldn't go). Here's an example of a conversation that actually occurs weekly in our home:

Me: I really really love my Personal & Family Finance class. I wish I had taken it earlier, because I really would have liked to have taken more Finance classes and maybe I could have studied accounting. That would have been cool.
Mark: Then do it! Get a second Bachelor's or a Master's in Accounting! You can still do it!

This is a conversation that happens all the time, except each time it's with a different career choice. Thanks for believing in me Mark.

Speaking of Mark, isn't he so cute, being a pro in the studio?


We had a blast in the studio that night, and I'll be sure to post his finish project once he finishes it. It was due today, but the entire computer/software technical thing that they use to record in the studio crashed, so the hard drive has to be sent to Portland in order to recover all of the studio sessions that Mark has done in there. Let's cross our fingers that it works and he can finish his project!

Oh, and Happy Veteran's Day! Being an American and the granddaughter of two Veterans, I am indeed grateful for those who fought and those who continue to fight to preserve our freedom. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment