Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dreams Really Do Come True

Mark and I had a stellar weekend. I took an insane amount of pictures so that you can all see how much fun we really did have.

On Friday morning my co-worker offered Mark and I a couple of tickets to the Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir puts on every year. I had never been before, and it gave us a chance to head up to Salt Lake to have some fun, so we accepted the tickets and planned to have a wonderful evening!

The evening started at Siegfried's in Salt Lake. They have delicious German food, and a German food market where we picked out some of our favorite Kinder and Ritter Sport chocolate that instantly reminded us of our favorite Italian memories.


(Mark and his Weinerschnitzel)



(Me with about to eat my German food)

After dinner we went to the concert. It was incredible! I highly recommend going if you ever get the chance.

After the concert we caved into our desire to see Inception so we caught a 10pm showing in downtown Salt Lake. The movie was so great! We definitely want to see it again, but we'll probably wait until it hits the dollar theater. Needless to say, we didn't get home until almost 1:30am, since we had to drive all the way back to Provo.

Saturday morning we went out to Lake Shore, a town about 30 minutes south of here and picked up a portable A/C unit! Our apartment doesn't have air conditioning, so it has been just about unbearable with the heat we've been experiencing lately. It has definitely been a welcome addition to our home! It has made such a difference and we love the cooler air!

After the A/C adventure and a lovely time at the temple we went to the Llama Fest! It was blazing hot outside, so we were sweating up a storm, but we had a great time! Now for the photo documentation:


(The Hare Krishna Temple, where they have a huge llama farm)



(Petting the llamas!)


(Mark and a llama)




(They're so cute! I love their eyelashes!)


(We ran into some mission friends while we were there)



(Getting ready for a Peruvian dance)



(They had people race the llamas)



(Taking a break from the heat inside the Temple. There were marble cut decorations inside. So beautiful.)



(There was a band inside singing "Hare Krishna")




(Some little girls started dancing to the music.)




(They had one baby llama on the farm. It was so adorable. Here it is, chilling with it's mom)



(A close-up of the cute baby)



(We cooled off with a little bit of Mango Lemonade before heading back to pet some more llamas)




(One of the llamas really wanted Mark's Mango Lemonade!)




(Right before we left this llama flashed us this happy smile!)

We had so much fun, I wish we had gone last year. Apparently this was the 16th Annual Llama Fest. And did you know that you can rent these cute guys to carry your stuff if you're going on a backpacking trip? I think having llamas on a backpacking trip would increase its coolness factor by at least 85%. At least.

I, for one, can't wait to start planning my backpacking trip.

1 comment:

  1. i thoroughly enjoyed your llama chronicles, and am deeply saddened i could not join you. but brandon probably wouldn't have appreciated the awesomeness of the llamas anyway. I think he doesn't feel they serve a real purpose that cant be filled by other animals. I told him he is crazy, and so to preserve our relationship, we have agreed to disagree on the whole llama debate.

    ReplyDelete