Yikes. This whole time flying by thing is proving to be a real thing that is greatly affecting this here blog. It makes me sad, and I'm really really going to focus on keeping it up to date.
Things have been pretty crazy around here. Not necessarily that we're constantly busy, but crazy in the fact that we live in a very transient state and it just feels like we get these crazy, itching, burning desires for change all the time. We talk about moving all the time, buying new furniture all the time, selling one of our cars all the time, etc., and it definitely makes life interesting, that's for sure! Speaking of change, our little Mr. Max is now 11 months old and is as busy as ever. I got a new phone yesterday and was moving my pictures from my phone onto my computer and I could not believe how much he has changed in just 11 months. It made me a little sad to relive his little newborn hiccups, but yet I get so much joy out of his current stage of fake-laughing at everything and trying to whistle. He is my favorite and I absolutely love discovering the world through his eyes. It is the raddest thing ever.
My husband is also pretty rad, as evidenced by his recent promotion at work. He has been working so hard so that I can stay at home with Max, and I am nothing but grateful for that. We are so excited around here for new possibilities, but it also means that his current commute of 35 minutes one-way is more of a permanent thing. This is probably the reason why we talk about moving all the time, and now that Mark's promotion is permanent, I find myself looking a new digs with more of a purpose. If that translates to us digging out our moving boxes from under our bed in a couple of months, I'm not sure yet, but we will soon find out. And yes, the only things that are under our bed are moving boxes. When you've moved as often as we have, it's just easier to hold on to all those boxes!
And now for some photos!
I went to Arizona to visit my family, and while it was a long long time to be away from Mark, I'm glad that I was able to spend that time with family and watch Max interact with my parents. In light of recent family things that have happened in the last couple of weeks, I wouldn't trade that time with my family for anything.
My mom harvested this raw honey. And she'll probably never do it again, based on hearing her talk about how messy and time consuming it was.
We went on a bit of a celebratory road trip with our friends Bobby & Leigh. We celebrated promotions and my birthday, and it was so fun! Beatles Love was so rad, and while I'm sure there were many diseases in the bathroom underneath Serendipidy 3, I had to take a selfie and document my good hair day since they are few and far between.
And I also had to document the Caravan Shoppe craft night that Juliet & I attended. I made this little guy and we were sent home with a plethora of crafts to finish up! The ladies behind Caravan are the nicest and most generous ladies, and it was so fun to connect with them! I also hear that they are having a sale & giveaway if you follow them on Instagram (@caravanshoppe)!
That concludes the longest update ever. Now who's going to Bijou Market with me this weekend?


No comments:
Post a Comment