I think the main reason why I haven't posted in a while is because I think that I lead a pretty mundane life and all I have to talk about is my child. I don't want this to turn into a blog about Max, and while I think that would be an awesome thing, I don't think the general population would agree.
But I digress. I'm here to vomit upon you a whole lotta iPhone photos, because, let's face it: by the time I go and grab my fancy-schmancy camera that super cute thing that Max has done has suddenly morphed into a whiney-cry-scream type of a thing because I've left the room. So that's why I mostly take pictures of Max with my phone. It's all about convenience.
I've digressed again. Let's talk about Max, shall we? He's now 6 months old, and, not to brag or anything, but he's pretty much the cutest baby out there, along with any other child of anyone else who blogs. True, no? But Max is really cute. And he has his bottom two front teeth, as pictured above! You might have to squint to see them, but they're there. Believe me. They feel like tiny daggers. He's had them for a few weeks now, and I'm so glad that they came quickly because he never. slept. while. they. came. in. Ugggg.
Max is a darling kid who loves to babble on and on all the time. A few nights ago he even laid his head on my shoulder and talked himself to sleep. He squeals at high pitched frequencies (especially during church), and repeats syllables. I'm really in denial about how quickly he is growing. It's maddening and I keep wondering who I talk to about slowing down or stopping time in general. It's moving too quickly!!
The first few times that I put Max in the swings this is what would happen. Cute, huh?
And this is my darling sister Keri, and my adorable nephew Tommy. We went to check out Provo's new rec center and went to J dawgs afterwards. Tommy is so cute with Max. He always kisses him on the head and says "muah" after he does it. Darling!
We went to Burger Bar in Roy when we were up north over the Memorial Day weekend. Gigantic burgers. Oh my.
We've also discovered Max's love for prunes and sweet potatoes. And momentary hatred for bananas. When he was trying to figure out how this whole "feeding solid foods" thing works, he wanted to do it himself, and it was hilarious. Now that he gets it he lets me feed him and he's a lot less messy during mealtime :)
We took Max swimming for the first time, and the jury is still out on whether or not he likes it. He sure is cute in a swimsuit!
And another one of his cute laugh, just because.
We got a pass to Thanksgiving Point because we live right by it. It was definitely a good investment, because we've only been a handful of times and it has already paid for itself! And anyone who wants to come with us gets half off! We tried to get a picture in front of the waterfalls, but Max was so captivated by them that he kept looking behind himself instead of at the camera. We had to turn around to solve that problem! We love going to the gardens and the Farm Country to see the baby goats. Max doesn't know it, but he loves it too.
And one last photo of Max, obviously. But he's with cousin Juliet, so it's not all about Max :)
We had fun at their place for dinner and an NBA Finals game. Max was the center of attention, of course, but that's mostly because he whines when he's not, so that's how our lives work right now. Oh, and that's not all drool on his shirt...it's mostly spit up, because he still spits up. All the time. We're hoping that he grows out of it by the time he moves out, but some days I'm not so sure. Kidding.
And there's your re-cap of our goings on over the past few months! And feel free to follow me over on Instagram (@allychristenson), where I come up with semi-witty hashtags and try my hardest not to use the Walden filter on all of my photos.
The end. Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment