Gorgeous double exposure photo by Jon Duenas via This is Colossal
Our weekend was downright stupendous.
I know it's Tuesday, but I couldn't help but share how lovely our weekend was. Sorry that there is no photo documentation of its loveliness.
Friday was Mark's sister's graduation. Even though it was early early in the morning, it was nice to have it done and celebrated before Provo turned into a gigantic traffic jam. We all went out to Texas Roadhouse afterwards, and it was delicious, as usual.
It was a gorgeous day, and we made the most of it by going on a little walk to the park by our condo.
On Saturday I finally bought the supplies to do an overhaul of my recipes. I have this awful habit of printing out recipes at work, bringing them home and then leaving them all over the kitchen. Then when I actually get around to cleaning them up, I just stash them in random binders. It's ridiculous.
Thankfully, they all have a home now, and I'm much happier. We also enjoyed In-N-Out with Trevor & Juliet (who are tying the knot next week!!!) out on the patio and watched the Jazz game. Everyone else but me seemed to be happy about the win. What can I say...I'm a die-hard Suns fan.
Sunday was filled with meetings, interviews, teaching lessons, and a downright hot and stuffy chapel. The heat made it especially hard to concentrate, but we all survived. We had a lovely dinner, got beat at Rummikub and got to Skype with my parents. I've decided that Skype is a God-send. I've also decided that Rummikub is too.
We had plans to end the evening finishing the first Lord of the Rings movie with Alyssa and Jared,
but got distracted by our mutual desire to attend this awards show instead.
We also got a call from our landlord a couple of weeks ago informing us that she is putting our beloved condo on the market. We absolutely love our place, and had plans to stay put for another year and not have to spend another summer settling into a new home. Now our plans are in limbo. And I'm pretty upset about all of it. She called Mark yesterday and told her she was coming over today with a Realtor to take pictures. I don't think our place has been so clean and my back has hurt so badly. Ha. Not only did I clean, but thanks to a time when I had a mental block a few months ago, I got to spend yesterday evening sanding, spackling and painting our window sill. And painting the other one to match it. I'm just glad that Mark wasn't around to laugh at me.
Here's to a week filled with happiness!
Oh, and to those of you interested in Family History, use new.familysearch and have a spare 2 minutes, creating this will blow your mind. Seriously cool.

Such a great photo! Loved this weekend update :) happy to have found your adorable blog, how was I not follow it before?!
ReplyDelete