I will be 2 online finals away from finally finishing my undergraduate career at BYU.
I can finally see the light at the end of the very long tunnel.
Even though the tunnel unexpectedly included a Study Abroad, a 9 month break from school, an 18 month mission to Italy, a change in my major, and a marriage, I wouldn't have had it any other way. (Except the failing O Chem part. I would have changed that part.)
Aside from all of the secular knowledge that I've gained while attending BYU I think the huge lesson that I learned more than anything else was that as much as you plan and plan and plan your life and try to figure out what you want from it, God's hand is in your life more than you know, and He is always there to tweak it (or make major adjustments) and lead you to exactly where He needs you to be at exactly the right time.
That lesson has been taught to me over and over and over again during my (what seemed like infinite) time at BYU, and I am so grateful for it. When I was an entering freshman at BYU in the fall of 2003, I would have told you that right now, 7.5 years later I would be a successful Pharmacist, and maybe thinking about getting married. I am so grateful that God knows me better than I know myself, and that He has a hand in my life.
A hand that led me to take Italian 101 in the Fall of 2004 "just because I wanted to take a fun class." Ha.
A hand that led me to prepare for a mission, even though I may have fought it at first.
A hand that gave me the desire to go to Italy and do a Study Abroad.
A hand that taught me so much about faith and obedience every day for 18 months, and pounded it into my head every time another Italian would slam a door in my face.
A hand that led me to chat with Mark on Facebook about his trip back to Italy, a chat that eventually led to our first date.
As I look back on these 7.5 years since I started going to BYU I realize that I may not have taken the easiest road to get here, and it definitely wasn't the shortest, but it was the road that God wanted me to take, and I know that I wouldn't be who I am supposed to be at this moment without having done what I did.
We have a great God. I know He loves us. And now for an aside:
One of the most beautiful lines of hymns to me is from a random hymn in the Italian hymnbook, but it's translated so beautifully that I can't help but love it.
"Nel deserto dell vita ci disseti il Tuo amor."
In English it means "in the desert of life your love quenches our thirst." So beautiful, and it's basically how I feel every day. God is good.
I can finally see the light at the end of the very long tunnel.
Even though the tunnel unexpectedly included a Study Abroad, a 9 month break from school, an 18 month mission to Italy, a change in my major, and a marriage, I wouldn't have had it any other way. (Except the failing O Chem part. I would have changed that part.)
Aside from all of the secular knowledge that I've gained while attending BYU I think the huge lesson that I learned more than anything else was that as much as you plan and plan and plan your life and try to figure out what you want from it, God's hand is in your life more than you know, and He is always there to tweak it (or make major adjustments) and lead you to exactly where He needs you to be at exactly the right time.
That lesson has been taught to me over and over and over again during my (what seemed like infinite) time at BYU, and I am so grateful for it. When I was an entering freshman at BYU in the fall of 2003, I would have told you that right now, 7.5 years later I would be a successful Pharmacist, and maybe thinking about getting married. I am so grateful that God knows me better than I know myself, and that He has a hand in my life.
A hand that led me to take Italian 101 in the Fall of 2004 "just because I wanted to take a fun class." Ha.
A hand that led me to prepare for a mission, even though I may have fought it at first.
A hand that gave me the desire to go to Italy and do a Study Abroad.
A hand that taught me so much about faith and obedience every day for 18 months, and pounded it into my head every time another Italian would slam a door in my face.
A hand that led me to chat with Mark on Facebook about his trip back to Italy, a chat that eventually led to our first date.
As I look back on these 7.5 years since I started going to BYU I realize that I may not have taken the easiest road to get here, and it definitely wasn't the shortest, but it was the road that God wanted me to take, and I know that I wouldn't be who I am supposed to be at this moment without having done what I did.
We have a great God. I know He loves us. And now for an aside:
One of the most beautiful lines of hymns to me is from a random hymn in the Italian hymnbook, but it's translated so beautifully that I can't help but love it.
"Nel deserto dell vita ci disseti il Tuo amor."
In English it means "in the desert of life your love quenches our thirst." So beautiful, and it's basically how I feel every day. God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment